Malaysian Science and Technology Information Centre (MASTIC) has been established in 1992 as the collecting and disseminating centre for strategic Science, Technology & Innovation (STI) information in the country. MASTIC also provides access to STI information from various institutions and acting as a linking mechanism among the policy makers, fund providers, researchers/developers, the industries and end users. Our core business is to collect and disseminate strategic information related to STI activities.
- To be the repository for strategic STI information to facilitate STIcommunities’ needs through good knowledge management practice.
- To provide an acceptable platform for STI information flow and access among government and private sectors, to support the national policy in the development of STI nationwide.
Our core business is to collect and disseminate strategic information related to S&T activities. Our main functions are:
- to be the primary reference centre for national STI information;
- to collect STI information and R&D activities through surveys for benchmarking and comparison purposes;
- to forecast national STI trends to facilitate policy makers to identify priorities areas for STI development;
- to develop and maintain STI databases content;
- to promote and disseminate STI information through printed media (publications) or non-printed media (online and electronic media); and
- to provide library services for MOSTI’s users.
We are committed to:
- provide strategic information to fulfill our clients’ needs, continuously improve our information services and provide current information;
- provide up-to-date and reliable information in our portal;
- notify clients upon acceptance of inquiries, complaints and suggestions within 24 hours on working days; and
- provide feedback on inquiries and complaints within 7 working days.