- 1973 – The Ministry of Technology, Research and Local Government.
- 1976 – In 1976, in line with its new functions and responsibilities related to environmental issues, the Ministry’s name was changed to the Ministry of Science, Technology and Environment (MOSTE).
- 2004 – The Cabinet on March 27, 2004 has agreed to the restructuring of MOSTE and the Ministry’s name was changed to Ministry of Science, Technology and Innovation (MOSTI) in order to spearhead the development of National ICT, Multimedia and Innovation.
- 2007 – In 2007, the functions of Science and Technology were broken up according to the clusters of Biotechnology, ICT, Industrial, Sea to Space and Core Cluster of Science & Technology.
- 2016 – On October 3, 2016, MOSTI has been restructured to give more focus on promoting R&D and commercialization programs.
“To lead the National Science, Technology and Innovation (STI) Agenda”
“Explore, develop and utilise STI to generate knowledge, create wealth and ensure societal wellbeing towards achieving a competitive, sustainable and inclusive high income economy”
- The Main policy of STI Remain Relevant
- Create Value Through R&D & C&I
- Effective Service Delivery System
- STI Practical and Culture
- The Success Of The Optimum Through Strategic Collaboration
- Resource Management Effectively
- STI Services
- STI Acculturation
- Management Services
- STI Policy
- STI Development
Types of Services Provided By MOSTI
- Weather forecast report
- Radioactive Materials Licensing
- Managing and Coordinating R, D & C funds
- DNA test
- Standard certification
- Cyber Security
- Space Science Education
- Consultancy on Radiation Protection
- Observation of the Earth’s surface
- Non-formal STI education