ORGANISATION DEVELOPMENT AND HUMAN RESOURCE PLANNING SECTION
- To plan Human Resource Development needs and projecting organisation development for MOSTI in line with JPA policies and plans
- Conducting Human Resource Audit and updating MOSTI’s current designation list
- Analyzing the list of service schemes under the Ministry
- Managing and coordinating the intake of Management and Professional level Officers with Public Services Commission of Malaysia (SPA) and the respective Heads of Services
- Managing the intake of staff under the delegation of power by SPA
- Managing all matters regarding confirmation for posts appointed, confirmation in the service, extension of trial period and also entrance into pensionable schemes
- Managing all matters regarding retirement and retirement benefits as in line with Public Service Circulars and policies
- Managing all matters regarding leave in accordance with the General Order Chapter C
- Plan and manage the placement and exchange of officers/staff
- Managing the inauguration on loan / temporary exchange, contracts and Short Service Workers (SSW)
- Approval of Work Liabilities Allowance and payment of allowances and other relevant remuneration
HUMAN RESOURCE DEVELOPMENT AND COMPETENCY SECTION
- Planning and organising general courses and training including Program Transformasi Minda and Islamic Affairs Program for in-service personnel.
- Coordinating and processing application for in-house training organised by MOSTI Departments.
- Managing and processing applications for all domestic and overseas training organised by Public Service Department program or public training program and applications for further studies (Hadiah Latihan Persekutuan, Cuti Belajar, Yuran Pengajian).
- Monitoring the number of training days attended by MOSTI personnel through SPL so as to meet the 7 days training per year requirement.
- Managing and processing industrial training application from public and private universities
- Secretariat for the Ministry’s Public Examination Board (Lembaga Peperiksaan Perkhidmatan Kementerian).
PERFORMANCE MANAGEMENT AND PROMOTION UNIT
- Planning and implementing the promotion of Non- Common User Services staff at the headquarters and departments/agencies under MOSTI.
- Coordinating the promotion of Common User Services staff at Headquarters and departments /agencies under MOSTI
- Secretariat for the Human Resources Development Panel at the Ministry level.
- Coordinating the staff performance appraisal report in the headquarters.
- Managing the Assets Declaration from staff in Headquarters and Director Generals of the department/agencies under MOSTI manually and through HRMIS system.
- Managing the award nominations for the Honorary Titles/Star/Medal from the State and Federal for staff in Headquarters, Departments / Agencies and Companies under MOSTI.
- Managing the individual land application from staff in Headquarters and Department /Agencies under MOSTI
- Managing Personal Data and Service Data staff in agency.
- Coordinating and monitoring the implementation of HRMIS in the Ministry and its agencies.
- Coordinating with JPA for the implementation of HRMIS in the Ministry and its agencies.
- Managing training involving HRMIS users.
- Acting as a Helpdesk to solve problems of the users.
- Memastikan semua data asas HRMIS disahkan dan dikemaskinikan.
- Menyediakan laporan status pelaksanaan HRMIS kementerian dan agensi-agensi di bawahnya dari semasa ke semasa
- Acting as a Helpdesk to solve problems of the users
- Ensuring all basic data in HRMIS is updated and approved
- Point of reference for agencies in implementing HRMIS.
PSYCHOLOGY MANAGEMENT UNIT
- To plan the needs for psychology and counseling services.
- To conduct psychological and counseling services in Human Resource Management through development, prevention, and rehabilitation programs.
- To ensure the implementation and effectiveness of psychological and counselling services in the Public Service.
- To implement policies concerning psychology and counseling issued by the Division of Psychology Management, Public Service Department (JPA).
- General administration of the office.
- Updating the filing system.
- Managing the Division’s finances.
- Preparing the Division’s yearly management budget.
- Managing and ensuring the information is updated in the Service Book.