The Smart Challenge Fund (SMART Fund) is the government’s initiatives which is open to businesses and researchers interested in competing for funding opportunities for which the Government has identified the strategic and prioritised needs (new technologies, processes, products) with the expectation that the deliverables will solve national problems and identify long term solutions.
Through this scheme, the Government will be investing in pre-commercialisation of technologies, processes, products that are highly innovative which can be translated into marketable output to spur the economy as well as for societal benefit.
Proposed projects must be specific, measurable, achievable, realistic and timely (SMART). The proposed projects must be well-designed, scientifically valid, and competitive with current technologies and research works.
Visit eDana http://edana.mosti.gov.my for more information.
- Small and Medium Enterprises
- Government Research Institutes (GRI)
- Government Science, Technology and Innovation Organisation (Government STI organisation)
- Government Science, Technology and Innovation Organisation (Government STI organisation) and Public and Private Institutes of Higher Learning (IHL).
Quantum and Duration of Funding:
- RM3,000,000.00 and 24 Months
Ministry of Science, Technology and Innovation (MOSTI)
Level 4, Block C4, Parcel C
Federal Government Administrative Centre
Tel: 603 – 8885 8298
Fax: 603 – 8888 7710