- 1973 – The Ministry of Technology, Research and Local Government.
- 1976 – In 1976, in line with its new functions and responsibilities related to environmental issues, the Ministry’s name was changed to the Ministry of Science, Technology and Environment (MOSTE).
- 2004 – The Cabinet on March 27, 2004 has agreed to the restructuring of MOSTE and the Ministry’s name was changed to Ministry of Science, Technology and Innovation (MOSTI) in order to spearhead the development of National ICT, Multimedia and Innovation.
- 2007 – In 2007, the functions of Science and Technology were broken up according to the clusters of Biotechnology, ICT, Industrial, Sea to Space and Core Cluster of Science & Technology.
- 2016 – On October 3, 2016, MOSTI has been restructured to give more focus on promoting R&D and commercialization programs.
- 2018 – After the general election to 14 (PRU-14), the entire component of the Ministry of Science, Technology and Innovation (MOSTI), Green Technology and Energy Components from the Ministry of Energy, Green Technology and Water (KeTTHA) and related components of Climate Change and Environment from the Ministry of Natural resources and Environment (NRE) has been restructured and formed the Ministry of Energy, Science, Technology, Environment & Climate Change (MESTECC).
- 2020 – MESTECC has been restructured and its name has been changed to the Ministry of Science, Technology and Innovation (MOSTI) following the formation of the New Government Cabinet announced on March 9, 2020