The Internal Audit Unit of Ministry of science, Technology And Innovation was established in 2004 based on the Treasury Circular of Number 9, Year 2004. The Internal Audit Unit is responsible for auditing the public financial management, IT system, programs and activities carried out by MOSTI and its Agencies.
The Internal Audit Unit is directly responsible to the Secretary General of MOSTI. Under the new restructuring of ministry which took effect on 1 July 2016, there are currently 18 staffs working under this Unit. UAD is led by Head of Internal Audit Unit Grade W54 and assisted by Deputy Head of Internal Audit Grade W48, 2 Auditors Grade W44, 2 Auditors Grade W41, 2 Assistant Auditors Grade W36, 4 Assistant Auditors Grade W32, 4 Assistant Auditors Grade W29 and 1 Office Secretary Grade N29 and 1 Administrative Assistant Grade N19.
Help the ministry achieve its goals through a systematic and disciplined approach to evaluate and determine the effectiveness of all control and governance processes.
To review the reliability and effectiveness of financial system and internal controls of organization:
- Review the level of compliance with all effective policies, laws, regulations and directives;
To review the organization’s activities are managed in a prudent, efficient and effective;
- To review the organization’s assets are protected from loss, fraud and abuse;
- To give advice on internal controls of all systems, including ICT;
- Report to the Secretary General of audit findings and to follow up on issues raised;
- To prepare Annual Audit Plan and Annual Audit Report for the approval of the Secretary General of MOSTI;
- To present the Audit Report in Audit Committee Meeting; and
- Provide a summary of the Audit Committee Report to the Secretariat of Account and Finance Management Committee Meeting
- Financial Management Audit and Financial Management Compliance Rating Program executed within 20 days;
- Performance Audit conducted within 60 days;
- Audit Presence implemented within 5 days;
- Monitoring Audit performed within 15 days;
- Audit Feedback received within 14 days; and
- The Audit report tabled in the Audit Committee meeting and a summary report submitted to the Secretariat of Account and Finance Management Committee Meeting every 3 months.